So today is Valentine’s Day and sometimes ,let’s face it, this day can truly suck. Even if you enjoy being single (sometimes I certainly do) getting through today can be a drag. The whole “friends with benefits” thing doesn’t quite seem so damn beneficial today. (Probably because so far I haven’t even got a “Happy Valentine’s Day” text, (really your lazy ass can’t send a text??))
You go into to work and have to smile as co-workers get gifts and partners show up to take them out to lunch and dinner. You sit there wondering what does the fat, ugly, dumb girl have that I don’t? Now you notice that her partner is a girl but who gives a whooooooo at least her GIRLFRIEND is taking her out…. But don’t despair (cause that just causes wrinkles etc. then you’ll be the ugly girl or guy)… I have some ideas:
- Treat your self great today!!! Wear the cutest, sharpest outfit you can think of!! Today is your day make it good;
- Eat whatever the hell you want!! I say do chocolate if it’s your thang. (I’m makeing a chocolate nutella tart)…get some lobster. Carry- out (obviously eating alone at a nice restaurant on valentine’s day would be crazy and more of a statement than enjoyable so get the carry-out) and eat on the good plates tonight. Light a candle and enjoy!!
- Do something you love; write a blog, recite a poem, do some stand-up comedy; I suggest something that allows you to express yourself and perhaps how silly you truly believe Valentine’s Day is (or at least how trifling the person you’re dealing with his for not getting you something); As for me I’m doing some stand-up tonight….
- Go to a anti-valentine’s day party. If you can stomach other singles looking down and out, then check out one of these functions. At a minimum they have decent drink specials. (Guys there will undoubtedly be lots of horny women at these things so for you a no-brainer…. cheap drinks & an easy way to get laid= win, win)
- If you can’t stomach the anti-v-day party rent a good horror flick, thriller or if you must a comedy… nothing makes you forget valentine’s day like a good murder mystery, serial killer or the random violence of Freddy Krueger; As for me I’m doing a “Breaking Bad” marathon (I might throw in an episode or to of Snapped)
- Take your but to bed. It’s only one day not a season (thank god). Tomorrow will be Feb. 15th and you can go and get some “benefits” from your “friend”…. 😉
Lesson Learned: YOU’RE NOT LONELY, YOU’RE FABULOUS!!! LOVE YOURSELF DAMMIT!! (or eat, drink, & go to bed whichever works)
So in an effort to get over the debacle of my relationship with “Crazy Bruce”. I decided to have some fun this weekend. I mean truly what better way to get over a loser than sleeping with another loser? OK, OK, just a little joke here…. In all honesty, I didn’t think Crazy Bruce was really all that angry until he deleted & blocked me on Facebook, I mean DAMN, we can’t even be cyber friends? So the past few days I’ve been feeling a little down & out but to shake the doldrums I decided to go out this weekend.
So a friend of mine was in town and invited me out to a comedy show. The show was OK but it was nice to get my laugh on. What happened next was a bit unexpected, the bartender asked me out! I was a bit nervous, because he wasn’t black (mexican actually) but on a whim I decided to try it. I had a blast!! It was really nice to be out with someone who held the door, paid for drinks & called me beautiful!! Now that’s how you get out of the doldrums! So of course all this positivity had me in the mood for a little action so I ended the evening with an old friend (male in case you were wondering) who was in town for the weekend. So the next morning, we both slept late so we ended up leaving the hotel at the same time…. This was actually kind of nice. I usually dread that morning walk back to my car, wearing the clothes from the previous night….The walk of shame can be SOOOOOO LONG! This time though it was different, leaving at the same time made it seem more like a couple checking-out as opposed to a “hoe” slinking out in the morning! Gotta admit it was pretty nice, we hugged and he went to his car & I went to mine. I know I shouldn’t care what random people at a hotel or on the street think of my rumpled clothing and hair, but hey it still makes me feel weird, and that feeling sticks until I drive away and can kind of add a bad color to the entire experience. Yuck!! Didn’t know that something so small as walking with a friend could make the difference.
Did I mention the hotel was in Paris? Just kidding.... it was South Holland, but you get the point... LOL
Lesson learned: Don’t take that walk of shame alone!! It’s always better with a friend…. 😉
OMG….I had a committed a major cell phone faux pas which cost me my last boyfriend…well my last fuckbuddy…I was “seeing”/”dating” ok sleeping with a guy named Bruce. I actually really liked this knucklehead. However he had the irritating habit that some men have of going completely crazy usually about once a month. This insanity would only last a day or two but it was pretty bad he would snap off over minutia. I would usually get upset and delete him from my cell phone only to add him back the next day. Unfortunately I have the bad habit of giving people descriptive names in my cell phone and logically he got the name “Crazy Bruce”. The bad part is that I’m also lazy I made that change several months ago and simply forgot to change it back. He spent the night the other day and reached for my phone to find out the time, before I could stop him. At the bottom of my screen had my last incoming text message which was from him “Crazy Bruce”. Wow was he mad, I was almost flattered that he cared that much (clearly my name must be crazy Amber in someone’s phone) but I really didn’t have any rational excuse and although I apologized this seems to have changed everything. It really saddens me but I have certainly learned my lesson!! Always have your cell phone locked!! I mean really what if “Little Dick Larry” or “To quick Trevor” had grabbed it…how embarassing!!
I am someone who has since high school thought that age is nothing but a number. Yes I am still a fan of Aaliyah (RIP)….So I have dated both younger, same age and older guys…and sadly have found some idiots in all areas so I pass no judgments and make every effort to carry no baggage…But I had a weird experience the other day which challenged my entire outlook. I gave a ride to a FINE 19-year-old college football player and of course I thought….Could you do this? I mean upon ID verification there would be no jail time (at least in the State of Illinois) and he was amazingly attractive with a tattoo to add that bad boy edge. Then he started talking….wow… what a downer. I’m not sure if it was the discussion about prom or his Mom but all my dirty thoughts died a pretty quick and yes painful death. I tried to focus on is face and body and imagine his words as the “wah, wah, wah” of peanuts Charlie Brown fame. But it wasn’t working!! I could still hear him and process what he was saying!! I thought perhaps if he never spoke we could have a purely sexual relationship… But the idea of duct tape across his mouth during sex seemed to be a bit further than even my fantasies will go. I thought after a few drinks maybe this diatribe about lockers & school books would become funny if not interesting…. but wait, he is too young to drink, so I would be in the bar alone while he waited in MY car. Uh no that’s not an option kids these days steal entirely too much…. So at last I dropped him off at his Mom’s…. a little disappointed that I wasn’t about to have my youngest fling ever…Perhaps he’ll be a bit more interesting at 21? (well at least we can share a drink)…
Whew!! This Panther (single black female interested in dating/sexing younger guys) is back on the prowl….no criminal charges for me!!
Which one are you???